Job Title: AR/AP/Payroll Specialist
Supervisor: Finance Manager
Date Prepared/Updated: 01/20/21
Salary Range: $22 – $25 /Hour
Generous benefit plan
Position is full-time
Send cover letter and resume to Janene Richards
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Medical Billing, 2 years (Preferred)
- QuickBooks, 2 years (Required)
- Nonprofit, 2 years (preferred)
Strong communication skills, accuracy, professionalism, initiative, organizational skills, detail oriented, collaborative, adaptable, excellent problem-solving skills, cultural competency, discretion, confidentiality and dependability, ability to manage multiple priorities, customer service skills, ability to communicate complex information to a variety of individuals.
The specialist will be responsible for day to day transactional accounting and provide support in the following ways:
- Promote the mission of Jewish Family & Child Service and adhere to the NASW Code of Ethics.
- Process the agency billings and invoices through the agency’s EHR, prepare client data statistics for accounting, post cash receipts, prepare and mail invoices, perform accounts receivable functions accurately and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for all accounts payable invoices, payments and cash disbursements in QuickBooks.
- Be available to assist clients with any questions about billed services or account balances.
- Responsible for all insurance billings and providing information to/from insurance companies.
- Remain proficient in a variety of computer applications.
- Follow organizational policy and legal requirements, reporting statistical information in a timely manner, communicating client and program needs to supervisor.
- Process payroll on a bi-weekly schedule using QuickBooks.
- Act as backup to other front office positions as necessary.
- Vocational Certificate or Associates Degree from an accredited business school, college or university is preferred. A minimum of three years administrative and client support experience is required preferably in non-profit organizations. Three years of experience may substitute for Associates Degree.
- Excellent telephone, verbal and written communication skills.
- Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, Outlook) and QuickBooks are required. Other database familiarity is helpful.
- Experience processing Accounts Payable, Payroll processing and Accounts Receivable using QuickBooks is required.
- Knowledge of accounting and mental health insurance billing procedures preferred.
- Two years of related work experience (Not-for-profit experience is helpful, but not required)
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED IMMEDIATELY.
JOB WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
- Dental Insurance
- Paid time-off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Most work is conducted in an office environment with moderate to extensive phone use.
- Extensive use of computer, video terminal, and keyboarding; use of hands for repetitive grasping, pushing and pulling, fine manipulation
- Work is typically conducted while sitting
- Work is light in nature, lifting maximum of 30 lbs.
JFCS response to COVID-19 in the office environment follows CDC guidelines which include: wearing masks in the office, social distancing, cleaning offices and wiping common areas and washing hands often.