JEWISH FAMILY & CHILD SERVICE
Job Title: Bookkeeper
Classification: Full-Time (37.5 hours) Hourly – Non-Exempt
Supervisor: Finance Manager
Purpose of the Position: The purpose of this position is to serve as the bookkeeper for the agency and serve as back-up for the front office team.
- Vocational Certificate or Associates Degree from an accredited business school, college or university is preferred. A minimum of one year administrative and client support experience is required preferably in non-profit organizations. Two years of experience may substitute for Associates Degree.
- Excellent telephone, verbal and written communication skills.
- Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, Outlook), and QuickBooks are preferred. Other database familiarity is helpful.
- Experience processing Accounts Payable, Payroll processing and Accounts Receivable is required.
- Knowledge of accounting and mental health insurance billing procedures preferred.
- Two years of related work experience (Not-for-profit experience is helpful, but not required).
Strong communication skills, accuracy, professionalism, initiative, organizational skills, detail oriented, collaborative, adaptable, excellent problem-solving skills, cultural competency, discretion, confidentiality and dependability, ability to manage multiple priorities, customer service skills, ability to communicate complex information to a variety of individuals.
The Bookkeeper will be responsible for day to day transactional accounting and provide support in the following ways:
- Promote the mission of Jewish Family & Child Service and adhere to the NASW code of ethics.
- Process the agency billings and invoices through the agency’s EHR, prepare client data statistics for accounting, post cash receipts, prepare and mail invoices, perform accounts receivable functions accurately and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for all accounts payable invoices, payments and cash disbursements in QuickBooks.
- Be available to assist clients with any questions about billed services or account balances.
- Responsible for all insurance billings and providing information to/from insurance companies.
- Remain proficient in a variety of computer applications.
- Follow organizational policy and legal requirements, reporting statistical information in a timely manner, communicating client and program needs to supervisor.
- Assist with Payroll on a bi-weekly schedule.
- Act as backup to other front office positions as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Cover Letter & Resume to Lori Martin: firstname.lastname@example.org