“The people who make a difference are not the ones with the credentials, but the ones with the concern.” ~Max Lucado
Volunteers are the heart of Jewish Family & Child Service. Every year, approximately 100 people of all ages, races and ethnicities donate their time to JFCS. During our 2011-2012 fiscal year, volunteers contributed more than 4,500 hours of service, an in-kind value of more than $100,000. Do you have professional or “talented amateur” life skills you can share on a limited, pro bono basis with someone in need?
- Can you teach someone how to develop a budget, balance their checkbook, or figure out how to manage their bills?
- Are you a whiz at resume writing, interviewing or job coaching?
- Are you a skilled cook, shopper, and low-cost meal planner?
- Are you an accomplished gardener/yard work maven?
- Are you IT savvy, able to offer tech support or instruction?
- Do you excel at sorting, organizing, de-cluttering, or preparing for a move?
If you have skills, experience or expertise you would be willing to share on a limited, pro bono basis with members of our community!
Call today – 503-226-7079 or email Liz Connor
, Volunteer Coordinator